Everything children see, hear, and do...from their first breath, shapes the rapidly developing architecture of their brains. The foundation for language, social behavior, problem solving ability, and emotional health will be mostly created by the time they enter kindergarten. Community leaders, parents, and concerned citizens in Eaton County who understand the vital importance of investing in young children have come together to form our Great Start Collaborative Council. Everyone is invited to join .
The Great Start Collaborative will work to insure that every child in Eaton County enters school optimally prepared to learn and grow to the best of his/her ability. Agencies, parents, caregivers, and the community commit to providing a supportive environment characterized by respect and by the provision of accessible and coordinated services.
1. All children will be seen and treated as important and valued.
2. The community will support the first years of life because they affect lifelong emotional, social, intellectual, and physical well-being.
3. Children will be raised in families where they can experience positive relationships characterized by love and respect.
4. Communities will support families to help children successfully learn and grow.
5. The community will help parents access support and information because it directly impacts children.
We are pleased to assist you in finding a quality preschool program for your child. If you are interested in enrolling in Great Start, please visit Eaton's Great Start application page: http://www.eatongreatstart.org/preschool_assist.htm